February 15, 2013

A Trip To Flavortown


I don't think any person with a brain didn't see this one coming. It was only a matter of time before Guy Fieri put his face on some sort of food. Truthfully, I don't blame him. Emeril has his spice rubs and Rachel Ray has her EVOO. I know Giada put her big head on a bunch of pasta products. Why shouldn't he get his? And since I've probably seen every episode of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, I thought I should give these things a try.

I normally don't buy a lot of pre-cooked frozen foods, so I don't know of anything to really compare these to. In my experiences, most frozen foods are ok at best. I can't recall ever eating something that was frozen out of a box and saying "That was some really good shit!". Needless to say, I wasn't expecting to get my mind blown.

I bought one package that cost $3.99 and it had 4 egg rolls in it. That's ok, I guess. The instructions called for either deep frying these things or using the oven. There was no fucking way I was going to heat up a pot full of oil just for four of these little fuckers. So, in the oven they went.

Since there was so much empty space on my oven tray, I decided to bake some tater tots as well. Pizza rolls and tater tots. Sounds good, right? I thought so.

When they came out the oven, this is what they looked like:

Not too bad, right? What did you think you were going to see? Gold? A finger with a ring on it? That would be pretty cool to see a finger in there. Terrible if you bit into it, but cool to see.

I made a quick dipping sauce by mixing sour cream and Korean bbq sauce. Here is my attempt at plating this up. Please don't laugh.

Hey, I can only polish this turd so much. In any case, it's time to answer the big question: How do they taste? Not too shabby. It tasted like pizza. The wrap had a little chew to it. It was ok. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy it again, but it wasn't bad.

Ugh, I know this wasn't the most exciting post, but rest assured, there is some bomb shit coming in the future.

I'm out.

1 comment:

  1. Well at least they were better than minute to win it. That was a true turd

    ReplyDelete