January 6, 2012

My After-Work Meal


Ha Ha Ha! Yes, nothing tops off a hard days work better than pounding ice cold beer! Or maybe pounding some tight, young.....uh...never mind. In all reality, I don't head straight for the bar after work. But more often than not, I usually do grab a bite to eat. Today, I wanted sushi. As much as I have been working, I've earned a little treat.

I went to a little place down the road called Sushi Cafe. I've been here before and know what I'm usually going to get. They have lots of items on their menu, not just sushi. Various teriyaki plates and soups and appetizers. Me, I'm headed there for sushi.

Now, I'm no expert on sushi. I love it. I mean I REALLY LOVE SUSHI. Last meal? Yeah, sushi is it. But when it comes to rating sushi restaurants, that's not my department. I've been lucky enough to enjoy some sashimi that was caught the same morning. I've also eaten that stuff that they sell at the supermarket. Then there's everything in between. What some call great, others call mediocre. Some people judge these places extremely harsh and cut no slack at all. I'm a bit more forgiving.

My opinion: This place is ok. It's not great, but for the price range, it's not bad at all. You want sushi, but don't want to leave with a $60 bill just for you? Try this spot.

Besides good prices and being within walking distance of my home, I like this place. Always a friendly face and warm smile when you walk in. Here are a couple shots of the interior.

Today, I was pretty hungry leaving the slave ship. I ordered a combo plate. 8 Pieces of sushi and 8 roll pieces. Sounds like a lot, but the pieces at this spot are not huge. You'll see!

It didn't take me long to clean the plate. As usual, I saved the salmon for last. I fucking LOVE raw salmon! I would love to go fishing and catch a salmon. Before the thing would even stop flopping around I would pick it up and take a big bite! That is how much I love salmon. The way it just melts in your mouth! The soft texture! I think I'm getting a little aroused here. Let me check...........yup, totally engorged. I better wrap this up soon to "handle" this other situation.

I still had some room in the belly, so I ordered more salmon, and an order of my second favorite bite, eel.

Every bite on this last plate rocked! No soy sauce needed here. Just bite, close your eyes, and enjoy every second that you have it!

At the end of the meal, you get a free scoop of strawberry ice cream,

Ok, I got to the camera a little late. But trust me, there was ice cream in that little cup! And it was good!

Short. Sweet. To the point. Hope you guys and gals liked this one.

See Ya' Soon!!!

J. Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment