March 20, 2012

The Kogi Truck


The world famous Kogi truck. I think at this point, anyone that's heard how popular lunch trucks have become, knows about this truck. This one really started it all. And if you have ever tracked one of their trucks down, you know that there is good reason for all the hype.

This time was my second encounter with the Kogi truck. You can follow them on Twitter under @kogibbq . They will post where they are gonna be at for lunch and dinner. I got lucky that they were only a few miles from where I live. Normally they don't come around this neck of the woods very often.

If you have never tried food from one of the fancier lunch trucks, don't expect to find a huge menu. Most will usually have anywhere from 4 to 6 core items. What they will do is have 3 or 4 different ways to deliver it.  For example, a truck might have a braised pork shoulder. You can get it like a taco, a slider, or in a burrito. Kogi is no different in that area.

I'm not sure what I got the first time around, but I do know this time I had a taste for tacos. I got 3 tacos. Short rib, pork, and chicken. this is what it looked like.

I'm not gonna dive heavy into details about how good each one is. Why? Because they all taste great. For real, I could have ordered 3 of any one of those and been happy. But my favorite was the short rib. That one was just.....fucking awesome! Beyond tender with an incredible flavor. I don't know what they are doing in that truck, but whatever it is, it's working. Working real good!

And....that's really about it. I know, this one isn't the most exciting post I've ever had. I promise the next one is gonna make you cream yourself. So for now, I bid you farewell until next post.

J. Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment