March 1, 2012

Five Guys...And A Cup (just kidding)




This one is gonna be on the shorter side. I don't think anyone needs a rundown on the dynamics of a burger. So I'm gonna get to the good and the bad real quick.

The food in the picture above is from the Five Guys Burgers and Fries in Costa Mesa, CA. Their menu is about as simple as it gets. Burger, Hot dog, Fries, Drink. That's it. You can choose from a list of items to add to your burger at no extra cost. That part I liked.

The restaurant itself has a good vibe. Loud music, well lit, and free peanuts to snack on. Not too shabby.

What I noticed when ordering, but didn't hit me later until a friend brought it up, is that they don't have any food combos. Everything you get you pay for individually. That sucks.

I get my food in a brown bag and sit down to eat. I like that they give you an ass load of fries. What you don't see in that pic are the ton of fries still in the bag. This part I like.

The burger tastes good. Real Good. You can tell everything is fresh. Same goes for the fries. I'm digging the taste.

What I'm not digging is the price. It was almost ten bucks for a double cheese burger with bacon combo. Honestly, as good as the burger is, I still prefer In-N-Out.

But the thing that really didn't sit well was the decor. Take a look for yourself.


Their walls are littered with every single good review they have ever had. I can understand tooting your own horn a bit, but this is sucking your own dick balls deep. There's no need for a franchise that size to beat you over the head with good review quotes and clippings. They really need to get over themselves.

All in all, good burger if you can afford it and can't find the nearest In-N-Out.

Later!

J. Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment