April 6, 2012

Food Truckin' It Part 1!


What you see above is the first truck in a fun filled trilogy that will have you salivating like a virgin in a strip club. If you have never tried food from one of these trucks, or any food truck, before reading this, you will leave here and find yourself on twitter following as many of these things as possible. And you know what? I will understand you completely. And then I will smile, knowing that I am the reason for your new addiction. I will be the reason you finally put your GPS Navigation app on your phone to good use trying to locate your favorite truck. I will be the reason behind your steering wheel always having a slightly greasy feel to it. HAHAHAHA! All this power I have is really getting the blood flowing to the nether regions! But before all this happens, lets take a little time to talk about the food. :)

I had heard about this truck from a friend and decided to follow them on twitter. Sure enough, I got lucky and saw they were gonna be just around the corner from the Block.

I wasn't quite sure what their menu was, but I had heard that sliders were their main staple. Hell, you can't go wrong with a slider!

Upon stepping up to the truck, I see the menu. The first thing that catches my eye is the fried chicken slider. Why did this catch my eye? I don't fucking know!! Was it because my negro dna instincts drew me to the fried chicken? I hope to god that's not the case! I'd like to think that it's because fried chicken just tastes good.

Then I saw their combo deal. 2 sliders, fries or tater tots, and a drink for $8. Not too shabby. I told the girl working on the truck (Who happened to be very cute, by the way) that I was gonna go with the combo. I ordered the chicken slider, but asked her what I should try for the second slider. She recommended the Korean bbq. That sounded good to me, so I went with it. I got the tots and a bottle of water. Here is what I got.

I added the sriracha to the bbq slider, but that's it right there. I first tried the tater tots and they were good. I can't even remember the last time I had tater tots. It was a nice little treat.

Next I tried the the bbq slider. I gotta say that this was a very good slider. My only other comparison that I could make is with the Korean bbq from the Kogi truck. I think the Kogi version might be better, but not by much. Both are worth every penny. It was very tender and easy to tell a lot of time went into it.

Last up was the fried chicken. On top of the chicken is a white gravy. On the bottom is garlic mashed potatoes. All this is between a King's Hawaiian Roll sliced in half. I took a bite and...it was...it was....outstanding. Just fucking incredible. Everything was spot-on. This really tasted like a family dinner in one bite. After taking about 2 bites, I put it down and ate everything else there. I had to make sure that chicken slider was going to be my last bite.

I've tried a good amount of food from various food trucks, and I can easily say that fried chicken slider is one of the best things I've had. I can only think of 1 or 2 other things that impressed me that much. I highly recommend this one.

But, things didn't end with this. There was another food truck at this same spot. What was it? You will have to come back tomorrow to find out! So make some calls, tell a friend or 3, and let them know that it's all going down at Food And Such Things!

J. Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment