May 14, 2012

Loaded Chicken Wrap


I don't really like reviewing fast food because...well....it's fast food. I'm not some snob that looks down my nose at fast food or anything like that. I have been trying to cut back on it for numerous reasons, but occasionally I'll stop by a spot and pick up something I can eat on the go.

As usual, I was doing my last minute mothers day shopping and came across a Popeye's. Contrary to popular belief, black people don't daydream about fried chicken and watermelon. I couldn't remember the last time I had Popeye's, so it didn't seem like a terrible option.

When I walked in, I stood back for a minute to find something cheap I could slam down in-between shopping destinations. I saw a few Po' Boy sandwiches they had, but those seemed like they were a bit more than what I was looking for. Than I saw the one that I was gonna go with. The Loaded Chicken Wrap.

The menu said it was a chicken strip with rice and beans wrapped in a tortilla. Sounds good, right? And with a price under $2, I was sold. I ordered 2 and a small drink for the road. When my order came up, I grabbed the bag and was quickly surprised. This small to-go bag had some weight to it.

I got to my car and quickly took one out to see just what I had gotten myself into. For a $2 wrap, this thing had to some serious size to it. I was originally going to eat it while driving to my next stop. After seeing it, I just put it back in the bag and waited to eat until I got to the next parking lot.

When I finally dug into the wrap, it was as good as I thought it was gonna be. Popeye's knows how to deep fry a bird. You don't have to worry about the chicken. Their red beans and rice are on point. The only thing it needed was hot sauce.

As good as this thing tasted, it was the sheer size of it that made the biggest impact. I ate both of them and was full. No bullshit! If you want to get the most bang for your buck, try one of these "Wraps" out. For real, I think these are more along the lines of burritos than wraps. In any case, it's cheap eats. For less than $2, names are not that important.

That's it. A little story about a snack that became a full meal in-between shopping. Hope you enjoyed it. And to all the mothers reading this, hope you had a great Mothers Day and know that everything you do is greatly appreciated.

Take Care,

J. Miller


No comments:

Post a Comment