June 16, 2012

Los Cotijas Taco Shop


When I make that decision that I'm not going to cook dinner, I start going through the list of "Usual Suspect" restaurants that I can depend on for good, inexpensive grub. When I'm in the mood for Mexican food, I know this place will do the trick.

Now, this isn't the type of place you take a date to. At least one you plan on spending more than one night with. It's more of a hole-in-the-wall with only a few seats to go around. I almost always get my food to go, but since I was just getting off of work, I figured it would be nice to sit down for a bit and relax.

This place claims to have one of the best fish tacos in the O.C. I've had them before, but it had been a while since then. I knew they were good, so I ordered 2 fish tacos, 1 shrimp taco and a drink. Here's what I was looking at:

Now, I'm not an expert on fish tacos. I can't say whether or not they have the best fish taco in town or not. What I can tell you is that I really liked it. The fish was fried perfectly, the slaw on top was good, and a squeeze of lime brought it all together. It was really good eatin'!

Here's a closer look:

I love shrimp, so ordering the shrimp taco was a no-brainer. Check it out:

This taco kicked ass! Plain and simple. No elegance needed for this one. It was fucking good! I don't know what they cooked it in, but the sauce with the shrimp was delicious. It had a little heat while not overpowering the shrimp.Not overcooked at all and became a great pairing along side the fish taco. 

While the fish taco was good, it was also a little tame. The shrimp taco had fire to it. A brightness and intensity to it that was a pure delight. OK, that last line was a bit more refined, but the taco still kicks ass!

If you ever happen to stop by this place, order these two together. If you aren't a fan of fish, then I'm shocked you even kept reading! But don't worry, they have lots of good stuff on their menu.

11951 Euclid St.
Garden Grove, CA 92840
(714) 636-3944

That's it. 

Well, that's not quite it. I wasn't even going to share this, but since this happened there, I'm gonna tell you.

After I placed the order, I sat down and started using my phone. At that point, a woman stepped up to the counter to place her order. She had her back to me and, as a guy, I did what I usually do: I checked out her ass. And you know what? It was nice. There's a lot I would've done with that booty. Then she turned around, and I noticed something that put all those previous thoughts to rest. She must have been 6 or 7 months PREGNANT!!! I was shocked! I honestly couldn't tell from the back view.

I felt a little bad about it. Eye-Fucking pregnant women is not my M.O. I'd like to think that I draw the line somewhere. 

So, that is officially it. To sum it up, Tacos are good. Eye-Fucking pregnant chicks is not good.

J. Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment