June 12, 2012

Thai Famous Cuisine


I've been plugging away with the recipes, so I thought I'd switch it up a bit and do a review! OK, that's not entirely true. Part of the reason I'm doing a review is that work is really starting to get busy, so I don't have as much time as I'd like to try new recipes. So please bear with me the next couple weeks. Don't worry though, because when I do come back with the recipes, it's gonna knock you on your ass and have you begging for more. For now, you are gonna have to settle for this back-alley quickie.

This little spot is actually right around the corner from me. I don't know how long it's been there, but I've never had anything bad from this place. The family that owns it are always really friendly and it shows as soon as you walk through the doors. A hearty "Hello" and big smiles are always appreciated in my book.

For some reason, while at work, I got it in my head that I wanted something spicy for my after-work meal. Not that painful, I just ate a ghost chili and want to shoot myself kind of heat. Nor that weak, timid, pussy whipped, underlying heat. I wanted something hot! Make me sweat and clear out the sinuses kinda heat! Lucky for me, and the rest of the world, Thai food has no problem delivering the heat.

On the menu, they have little pictures of chili peppers next to the spicy foods. I decided on the spicy beef with rice. To be sure, I asked how hot the dish was. The owner said "It's medium heat. Would you like it hotter?" I swear to God I didn't say a word to him that I was looking for the heat, but HE KNEW! I said "Bring it on bitch!" Well, I think just thought that. The reality was probably more like "Yes, please do." but I can't remember for sure.

I first got a small bowl of vegetable soup. No pic there because I was hungry and didn't think to take any pics. Then I got the full meal and it did not disappoint! Great flavor and a healthy amount of heat. I was loving it!

I also got a Thai Tea with it. I don't know what was in it, but it was good. I do know that it had cream in it, because it certainly helped cool my mouth down.

A few minutes after I got my meal, the owner asked if it was hot enough. "Oh yeah! Thank You!" was my response. I actually remember saying that. But I suspect the little beads of sweat on my forehead had already given him his answer.

For a little over $9, I got a great meal. Tender, spicy beef with perfectly cooked rice and a cool, refreshing drink. It was exactly what I was looking for. If you are ever in Garden Grove, check this place out. Ask them to turn the heat up for you, too. Just don't say "Bring it on bitch", I'm almost positive I didn't say that. Well....almost. :)



Thai Famous Cuisine

11891 Euclid St
Garden Grove, CA 92840
(714) 534-3316

No comments:

Post a Comment