August 7, 2012

Black Star Beer


Beer is one of those things that I can be a little moody about. What I mean is, first and foremost, I'm not always in the mood for beer. As much as I like beer, sometimes I'd rather have wine. Sometimes I wanna get drunk quickly and grab the bottle of whiskey. When I do get that taste for a cold beer, the problem becomes which beer to drink. Do I go with an old favorite? Do I try something new? Do I go for the micro-brew with the flashy name and eye catching label? So many choices. In the end, I decided to try something new and went with this one.

Black Star Beer was my latest choice in the "something new" category. I had never seen it before at my local grocery store and it was at a nice price of $7.99 for a six pack.

I took one sip and new I had just found another beer to always keep in mind. This beer is very good! The label says that the beer is double hopped, so I was expecting something a little on the heavy side. What I got was something extremely smooth and a bit on the lighter side.

At first sip, you get a good, solid "beer" taste. I mean, it's not flavorless piss-water like Coors or PBR. I was really happy with that. But the real kicker is the finish. Super clean at the end with a very short finish. Some beers will linger around the mouth for a while. Not this one. You drink it, taste it, then it's gone. That's the lightness I was talking about earlier.

I honestly could have knocked down that sixer without even thinking about it. This is one beer that deserves the slogan "The one beer to have when you're having more than one". If you see this one, check it out. It's good stuff.

I almost forgot, Blackstar is also the name of one of my favorite hip hop groups. Here is a video of them so you can see the awesomeness of this incredible rap duo.


J. Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment