August 27, 2012

The Memphis BBQ Burger from Carl's Jr.


This is gonna be on the quicker side of things. I was a bit ravenous after work and was in the mood for a burger. I didn't want to go to a sit-down restaurant, so Carl's Jr. seemed like a good choice. Plus, it's on the way home.

I saw this picture when I drove up there, and I gotta say, it looks pretty good right there. Now, I'm pretty sure we all know that the pictures of fast food are usually way better than the reality. This was no exception.

First off, the burger in the poster was the Six Dollar version. I got a double of the regular version with regular fries. Here's a closer look:

Doesn't that just....look....who am I kidding. It's not lookin' too pretty. Let's be real about this. It's a burger, not a fucking Van Gogh.

The taste? Not bad. The burger patty is your standard patty. Nothing new there. The onions are a nice touch, but the only ones that were crispy were the ones that fell off the burger. The rest turned to mush due to the very average barbecue sauce they use.

The pulled pork isn't too bad at all. Very tender and does add a nice little compliment to the beef patty. You don't get a ton of pulled pork on the sandwich, but you aren't just getting two little pieces of pork on there either. They put on a decent amount.

I don't have a judging scale, but if I had to score this, I'd give it a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. Not bad, not great. Good, though.

At the Carl's Jr. I went to, they bring the food to your table if you dine in. I took this pic because 71 is the number I wore when I played high school football. Yes, I got those Al Bundy stories too. :)

This was on the cup. What the fuck does this mean? Eat like I mean it??? How do you eat and not mean it? Do I have to have a serious look on my face when I'm eating to mean it? Should I put on a high school wrestlers uniform before I eat a Six Dollar burger? This is the dumbest fucking thing I've seen in  a while.

For me, the best slogan Carl's Jr. ever used was in the movie Idiocracy. "Carl's Jr. Fuck You. I'm eating." THAT WORKS!!! How can they NOT use that???

Oh well. Maybe they are just waiting for the right time to unleash that one on society.

I'm out.

J. Miller

P.S. I'm on Twitter! Stop on by and say hi! https://twitter.com/chefJmiller

No comments:

Post a Comment