December 5, 2011

Lets Get This Started


For all my friends and family from Facebook, I'm glad and thankful that you are taking a minute or two out of your day to come and visit my blog. If you don't know me and somehow stumbled upon this little spot in the world wide web, Hello. My name's Jason. Nice to meet ya.

I was very hesitant to start this. Mainly because I don't have the greatest opinion of most food bloggers. In fact, I think most food bloggers are assholes. Too many hacks out there who dropped out of journalism class at a junior college and have no real culinary experience slamming a restaurant because they didn't refill their water glass quick enough. I didn't want to be part of something that ugly.

After a little soul searching and encouragement from friends, I decided to go for it.

When I started coming up with ideas for what I wanted the blog to be about, I quickly realized what I didn't want the blog to be about. First off, this is not going to be strictly restaurant reviews. I don't have the time or money for something like that. In fact, it's not going to be strictly anything. What I'm really trying to do is just show a glimpse of how food is in and around my life. Sometimes I'm gonna talk about a lunch truck I happened to try. Sometimes I'm gonna talk about the dinner I made. I may just talk about a food trend I can't stand (i.e.: food popsicles).

Before I even started looking up sites to host the blog, I realized that this was a long time coming.

Years ago, somewhere around '99 and 2000, I used to visit a website based around all things hip hop. They had a forum section where people could talk shop. Who's hot, who's not, and everything in between. They had different rooms for each topic. One of the rooms was called The Rec Room. There, you could talk about stuff outside of the rap game. There, in the rec room, I would post a Recipe of the Week. Usually nothing too complicated. Sometimes it wasn't even a recipe. Just tips or tricks to enhance something mundane.

I did the recipe thing for a couple of months. After a while, I stopped due to lack of time and interest in that site in general. But looking back on it now, I see that this is something that might fit me well. My own little place on the web to talk and vent about food. And you know what? It doesn't sound bad at all.

To end my first post here, I'm going to give you a small warning. For those of you that don't know me that well, I have a dirty mind and a foul mouth. Don't be scared if you see a mention of donkey punching or mother fuckers in my post. I'll try and use the dirty stuff only when necessary. :)

On that note, I'm gonna end it here. Again, thanks for stopping by.  I hope that you come back soon and that I will post stuff that will make you wanna check back often.

Take Care,

J. Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment