December 14, 2011

Thai Food


Today I went to a small Thai restaurant named Cuti. The above picture is from the inside of it. This place is located on the corner of Euclid and Chapman in Garden Grove.

Now for a little back story on this location. I've been living where I'm at now for about 5 1/2 years now. In that time, I've seen that restaurant spot change hands about 3 or 4 times. I know it's been a boba shop before. I think it was even a Chinese restaurant at one point.  Point is, that spot might not have the best history. I will say this though: I have never that spot look so good.

Now, before you run over there, a small warning. The parking is terrible. There are only a few spots available, plus you have 3 other places for food and drink in one little corner shopping center. I went around 1p.m. and had to park across the street.

History and warnings aside, it's time for the good stuff. FOOD!!! 

After being seated, I was given a menu and got a few minutes to check it out. Honestly, it didn't look bad at all. Everything sounded pretty good, the prices were reasonable, and they had a 1-3 heat level for certain items.

One thing that did catch my attention was the appetizer menu. And it probably wasn't for one of the best reasons.  Out of 6 or 7 items, only 2 were NOT deep fried. Don't get me wrong, I love fried food as much as the next man. But to have all your apps deep fried seems like a little bit of overkill.

When I got to the back of the menu, I found the lunch specials. That's I what I went for. It was like most places, smaller entree' portion with a soup or salad. I ordered the Pad Thai noodles. I know, how predictable! But I love 'em.  And it's a good tester to gauge how other dishes might fare.

First up, vegetable soup and iced tea.

The soup was good. Not great, not bad. I did like that the veggies still had some crispness to them and weren't completely limp. The tea was.....very good! I was pleasantly surprised at how flavorful their unsweetened tea was. I didn't add any sugar to it. It was that good.


















Now for the main course.

I think the picture says it all.  Noodles, bean sprouts, peanuts, and rice. It was delicious. Great flavor and great amount of heat. Not too much, just enough to make sure that drink isn't too far away.

This was a great meal. I was gonna go more into the flavor of the noodles, but I feel like I don't need to. It was freakin' good! That's it!! And one the best parts was the price. Soup, main course and drink cost me $7.05. THAT'S IT!! And I was stuffed!

Overall, cool place to go to. When I was finished, a lady, who I am going to assume is one of the owners, came up to me and said "Thanks so much for coming. Please let me know if you didn't like anything so we can improve on it.".  I thought that was cool.

Thanks for reading and I'm gonna keep posting up my little food experiences.

Peace,

J. Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment