February 1, 2012

Orange Julius


First off, this isn't gonna be about the shitty drink stands in the mall that serve up shitty smoothies. Why the name for the title of this post? Because that is the name I've always known for it. Sorry, no funny story behind this one.

Now, there's no exact recipe for this because...well...it doesn't need one. This is simplicity in the purest of forms. Hell, you might have the ingredients in your refrigerator right now. Get a pen and pad ready, because it might be tough to remember all this.  Here's the ingredients:

Orange juice
Vanilla ice cream

THAT'S IT!!!


Yeah, 2 ingredients. Throw in a blender and mix until it looks like you can drink it. Even the half-wits at your local grocery store can manage to put this one together. So no excuses people! If you got the stuff to make it, MAKE IT!

I could end it here, but there's a little somethin' I gotta get into. I love this drink. Love it! But it's something I can't indulge in very often, if at all. Reason being is that I'm the type of person who has to watch his blood sugar. As close to orgasm as this drink brings me, it would also bring me very close to an emergency room visit.

So, now you might be wondering if yours truly drank that mug up top. The answer is...YOU BET YO' MONKEY ASS I DID!!! And here is the reason why.

This is as close as I can come to it. If you don't have to worry about your blood sugar, by all means, go with the real stuff! Trust me, you will love it! Using the sugar free or less sugar stuff isn't as good as the original, but it's not a bad substitute.

I do recommend going with a vanilla bean ice cream over one that doesn't have the vanilla bean in it. As far as OJ goes, I would say go pulp free. And speaking of OJ...

That's a damn shame.

On that note, I'm out.

J. Miller


No comments:

Post a Comment