February 8, 2012

The Steakhouse Burger


I think this one will be on the shorter side. Mainly because I'm not sure how long I could really drag this one out for. I'm all for details, but sometimes a quick, straight to the point answer is all you want.

The picture above is the steakhouse burger from Red Robin. If you watch t.v. enough or pass by enough fast food places, you'll notice that lots of places are serving up some kind of steakhouse or smokehouse burger. Nine times out of ten, these steakhouse burgers will have the same ingredients from place to place. You will usually find fried onions, mushrooms, blue cheese, and maybe a steak sauce on there. This one happened to have all of them.

Now, I like Red Robin. They got good burgers and great clam chowder. But the night I went, I wasn't looking for a burger. I really wanted a club sandwich. I was shocked to see that they didn't have one on their menu! OK, I wasn't shocked. Pissed would be a better way to describe it. How could a burger joint, which is basically a fancy sandwich joint, NOT have a club sandwich on their menu? Mutha fuckas!

Anyway, I get my burger with a side of sweet potato fries and dig in. The fries are good. I dig sweet potatoes and am happy that I went with them. The burger was...OK at best. There was nothing about it that really did anything for me. The burger itself was cooked perfectly. The crispy fried onions were cool. But I didn't like the steak sauce on there. The menu said that it had a mix of horseradish and blue cheese on there. I barely tasted any horseradish on that thing. 

On a side note, I must tell you that I don't like steak sauces. If you bring me a bottle of A1, you might have it thrown back at you. Steaks don't need a sauce. A little salt and pepper, and let the steak speak for itself. Unless I'm at some swanky steakhouse and the chef has a house made sauce specially made, fuhgetaboutit!

I did order a drink there called the T.N.T. It was good. If I wasn't driving, I would've ordered a few of them.

Even though this burger didn't do much for me, I still would go back to Red Robin because I know their classic burgers always deliver. Plus they got a nice bar. 

That's it for now. Come back soon for more of my little food adventures.

Thanks for stopping by,

J. Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment