February 26, 2012

Ara's Pastry


I've been living at where I am now for about 6 years now. I had no idea this place existed. It wasn't until a coworker of mine moved to the area a couple of months ago and told me I should stop by here. Funny how these things work out.

The coworker that put me on to this place is a lovely young lady name Korina. And you know what? Korina is the bomb!  A little crazy, a little sassy, and doesn't take shit from anyone. I told her that she's wifey material. But I think she already knew that. :) Did I mention that she's a cutie pie? See for yourself.


Now back to the biz at hand. I walked in this place and they had a circular display case with a bunch of cakes. Here are a couple of them.


I thought the cakes looked good. When you get past this first case, you will see about 3 or 4 large display cases filled with all sorts of cookies and cakes and pastries. Really, there is a lot going in there. And all of it looked good.

Here is a shot of one of the cases.

I was gonna take more pics, but I still feel really weird taking pictures in restaurants or eateries. I always have this fear that someone working there is going to see me and yell "HEY! You can't do that here! Get the fuck out!" and chase me out of there wielding a bat or clever. I'm pretty sure that won't happen, but it's still in the back of my mind.

My eyes and stomach were drawn to the case with all the cake slices. If you can think of a type of cake, it was in there. I bought three slices: Chocolate Mousse, Tiramisu, and Apricot. Those slices cost me a whopping $5!!! That's it!! I was really surprised at how inexpensive it was.

Here is what the slices looked like.

I took them home and tried each one. All of them had really light, airy sponge cake. Not heavy at all. Each had good flavor, but my favorite was the Apricot. Really light and refreshing. The almonds on the side added texture and nutty undertones to the bright fruit. Really good.

My least favorite was the tiramisu. It wasn't bad, just not that great. The other two just shined a lot brighter.

You know what? I was diggin' that little pastry shop. I know I'm gonna be back there. If you want to go there yourself, here is the address:

2227 W. Ball Rd.
Anaheim, CA 92804

That's it for now. Hang Loose my friends!

J. Miller

3 comments:

  1. If I ever get to CA I sure will look this place up, thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you brought home those little slices of decadence, it was a true treat! DELICIOUS!! To quote da BINKS! "MORE PEASE!"

    ReplyDelete