July 28, 2012

Cakes....Of Crab


When I hear the word "Cakes", I don't usually think of birthday or wedding cakes. Instead, I tend to think about its use as slang for...you know....ASS. Don't know what I'm talking about? Let me give you an example: I happen to be walking down the street with a good friend and we will pass by a lovely young lady. As she passes, we might notice that she has a large, succulent back side. I might be inclined to tap my friend on the shoulder and say "DAMN! Baby girl got cakes for days!!!" See what I'm getting at? Those are the kind of cakes that need my special icing. ;)

So why all the talk about cakes and ass? Truth is I'm stalling. Doing another post on crab cakes was not my first choice. In fact, I'm not the one that made the crab cakes for this post. My good friend Michelle is the one that made them. It was her idea to put them on the blog. I was a little reluctant, but then went a long with it.

I took a few pictures and those came out ok. But in the end, I had no info on what she put in there. I don't even know what the hell is in that sauce in the top picture! It's sour cream and....SOMETHING! Shit, I don't know! I couldn't even post a picture of her. "Don't take a picture of me right now! My hair ain't right!" She said some bull shit like that or something pretty close to it. In any case, there's no picture of her. Just know she's a cutie pie. :)

So, here it is Michelle! This one's for you!

We used the recipe from the older post as a base, but I'm not sure if we add all the ingredients. I think we also added baby shrimp to it as well.


Those aren't my hands! So, after she mixed it all together, she formed her patties and got the oil nice and hot.

To be honest, she made some healthy fuckin' crab cake patties! These things had some size to 'em! THAT'S NOT A BAD THING! I'm just sayin', Last time I made some dainty, petite lil' fuckers. She comes in and makes some manly crab cakes! I think I need to step MY game up.

At this point, a shallow pan fry is in store for these guys.


Once they hit the right color, set on a paper towel to grab that excess oil and eat when it cools down a bit.

Now that I think about it, she might have made two dipping sauces that night. But my brain is shit right now and I can't remember. I can barely remember what I had for lunch at work today. Oh well, what I can remember is that the crab cakes came out good and the sauce I had wasn't bad either.

That's about it for this one. I hope this post is ok for ya' Michelle. If it isn't.....GET YOUR OWN DAMN BLOG THEN!!!


Ha Haaaaaa! I'm out!!

J. Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment