March 4, 2013

Food & Music


Food and music have been very good friends for a long time. Not as long as drugs and music, but pretty close. Over the years, we have been blessed to get great music that has food either in the title itself, the lyrics, or in the name of the band. So, this post, I'm going to explore a few of the gems that I personally like.

It could have been very easy for me to just Google a list of all food related songs, but what fun would that have been? So, I just picked through the music on my computer to bring you the list I have. I did simply remember a few I didn't have, but most are songs I have.

Lets get this playlist started!

Wu-Tang Clan - C.R.E.A.M The name says it all. Really, it does. The song itself doesn't have anything to do food related, but it spells out "cream". Also, it's a hip hop classic.

Led Zeppelin - Custard Pie Yup, a custard pie. I might have to make this for the blog one day.

Warrant - Cherry Pie We've all heard this one. We've all seen the video. I think many a young, white males rubbed one out to this video back in the day.

Def Leopard - Pour Some Sugar On Me You knew this one was coming! In more ways than one if you know what the song is really about! :)

System Of A Down - Sugar and Chop Suey First off, both of these songs fucking rock. And more often than not, I usually say Sugaaaaaaar! You know you just said it like they say it in the song!

Peanut Butter Jelly Time I'm not even sure who did this song, but it gives me an excuse to put this picture up.


Cam'ron - Cookies and Apple Juice This song is a hidden gem. Never made the radio, but should be played every hour. Plus, when you hear a woman rap "Lick my cookie, drink my apple juice", you know it's a good song.

Kelis - Milkshake It's been a long time since I've heard this song. I'm quite happy about that.

2Pac - Pour Out A Little Liquor This is probably my favorite song from him.

The last song I have for you is....special. Before I say it, look at this picture first and see if you can figure it out.

Figured it out? Here's another hint: The guy that did this song says that the Ladies Love him and his name is James.

You guessed it! LL Cool J and his epic song Pink Cookies In A Plastic Bag!

LL Cool J, the sauve, lip-licking, muscle bound negro every woman loves made a little song about pink cookies in a plastic bag getting crushed by buildings. Yeah, sounds weird, huh? Well, in the song he explains that the phrase is a metaphor for sex. So, that would mean the "buildings" are dicks and the "pink cookies in a plastic bag" represents pussy. Wow. I mean.....wow. I've read a good number of books in my life, but never have I come across anything quite as eloquent as Pink Cookies In A Plastic Bag Getting Crushed By Buildings.

To this day, LL has never matched that poetic genius.

Honorable Mentions

The group Red Hot Chili Peppers - They rock.

The group Cream - Clapton rocks. 'Nuff said.

The group Salt & Peppa - If they weren't common spices, they'd get more credibility. :)

The group Peaches & Herb - I laugh whenever I think of this group because of a skit on the show In Living Color. They had a fake group named Cephus & Reesy. And every song they did ended up being 20 minutes long because they would stop and discuss every line they just sang.

Not-so Honorable Mention

Limp Bizkit - They just fuckin' suck.

That's it for this one. Are there songs I missed that should have been up there? Let me know and leave something in the comment section.

Lastly, I'm going to try something for the next month or so. At the end of each post, I'm going to leave you with a food Haiku. It may be serious, it may be ridiculous, but it will be an original from yours truly. Take care and come back soon!

Food Haiku

Fire and steel combine
A union passed down through time
The blade is now forged


2 comments:

  1. This seriously just made my day! Hilarious and crafty.

    ReplyDelete