July 3, 2013

T.S.D.O.B: Day 24 - Hot N Juicy Crawfish


It's day 24 of Thirty Straight Days of Blogging, and I have something for you today that will get all the seafood lovers excited. Hot N Juicy Crawfish is bringing you seafood by the pound and heat levels that you have to take seriously.

I had heard about this place on various cooking shows, but they always showed their Las Vegas restaurant. When I realized that they had a spot only a few miles away, I knew I had to check it out.

As soon as I walked in, I felt comfortable. I know that's an odd perspective, but to me, the place had a really inviting feel to it. There were a few big screens on the wall showing Sportscenter and other sporting news. The decor was cool. I'm not into decorating, but I know bad decorating when I see it.

The server showed me to my table and asked if I had been there before. I said no, and she then went through how the menu is set up and the ways I can order. She was very polite and genuinely seemed happy to help me out. Big ups in the customer service department!

A good number of their seafood offerings go by market price. Normally, I hate seeing that because it's always a mystery of how much you are going to pay. Hot N Juicy takes the mystery out of the equation. They have a chalk board with all the market prices per pound. This chalkboard alone earned them a ton of brownie points for me.

When it came time to order, I went with a pound of clams. I don't have clams that often, and it seems like more places tend to push mussels instead of clams.

When you order your food, you get to choose the seasoning style and the heat level. I went with their house seasoning and spicy heat level. The server warned me that the spicy level was no joke. I stood up out of my chair and said "Bitch, do you know who you are fuckin' with?!?! I ain't afraid of no fuckin' spicy food!!" Actually, I didn't say that. I liked my server and wouldn't disrespect her like that. I told her I can handle most spicy foods and she said "ok.." with a 'you've been warned' smile on her face.

When you get your food, all of it comes in a plastic bag with all the seasoning sauce it was cooked in. You get a plastic bib and gloves, and the whole table is covered in plastic. It's made for you to get down and dirty.

When I took a bite of one of the clams, I immediately got hit with heat! I'm no pussy when it comes to spicy foods, but this stuff was spicy! Not that bullshit, spicy for a 5-year old stuff most places offer. This was no joke, and I loved it.

The clams were good and the sauce was deliciously hot. You can't beat that.

As I was eating, the manager came by and asked if everything was good. I said yes, and then he noticed I had ordered the clams. "Have you tried the crawfish yet?" he asked. I shook my head no and he said "I'll be right back." A couple minutes later, he came back with a small cup and said "Here's a few for you to try. I can't get enough of these things." For real, that was some cool shit. Again, big ups on that customer service!

I can honestly say that this place had me sold. I'm lucky they weren't selling cars, because I would have left with something I couldn't possibly maintain the payments on. Great food, great service. You can't go wrong.

Hot N Juicy Crawfish
15972 Euclid St #D
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
714-775-4465
Sun-Thurs: 12:00 pm -10:00 pm
Fri-Sat: 12:00 pm – 11:00 pm

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment