July 1, 2013

T.S.D.O.B: Day 21 - Aires Del Peru


21 Days into this madness known as Thirty Straight Days Of Blogging and I feel like I'm doing pretty good so far. I haven't had to resort to doing a "fried bologna sandwich" post yet, so things are looking up. On the other hand, this is the last post of anything I have left in the reserves. What that means is that I have to get out the house and live a little today. It's certainly not a bad thing, but I hate rushing these things. I rather just kind of let life happen, ya know?

What I have for you today was actually a first for me. I had never tried Peruvian food before, but all the times I saw it on TV, it looked good. I didn't have any plans that day, so I stopped into this restaurant, Aires Del Peru.

The neon sign in the back just says the name of the restaurant.

I walked in and the server said to take a seat anywhere I liked. When I got my menu, I saw that they had some Peruvian beers. I'm always up for different beer, so I started with that while I checked out the menu a little more.

I got my beer and this is what I was looking at:

The beer was light and refreshing. Very easy to knock down a bunch of those. It was a dollar more than the rest of the beers on their menu, but for me, it wasn't really all that special. I don't regret trying it all, but I do like my beers a little heavier and more robust.

Next, the server brought out a bread roll and took my order. I went with the only Peruvian dish I knew of, the Lomo Saltado. It's basically a stir fry of beef, onions, tomatoes and french fries with a side of rice. I know the french fry thing might sound odd to most Americans, but it looked good when I saw it on TV.

The bread roll was freshly baked and very tasty. The server also brought out some kind of green sauce in a squeeze bottle.

I don't know what was in this bottle, but it was fucking amazing! I put just a small drop on a piece of bread, and I thought I was going to have an orgasm right there! It was delicious!

It's spicy, a little creamy, a little savory. Just fucking wonderful! I was tempted to just drink the sauce straight from the bottle!

When my food arrived, it looked pretty damn good to me!

I took a bite of the beef and it was super tender. I took a bite of the rice and it was good. Then I covered almost the whole plate in that green sauce. That green sauce is that fucking good! Trust me on this one!!!

I like onions, but that was almost too much for me. Great plate of food, though. Did I mention that the green sauce is out of this fucking world???

One last note is that the temperature inside the restaurant was hot. I don't know if the AC had blown out or what, but I was sweating bullets in there. That was my only gripe about this place. The food was excellent.

Aires Del Peru
13008 CHAPMAN AVE.
GARDEN GROVE, CA - 92840
PHONE: (714)750 - 7343

That's it for this one. I'm gonna get out the house now and get into some trouble and will be back tomorrow to tell you all about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment