July 5, 2013

T.S.D.O.B: Day 26 - The Ninja Blender


Only 4 more posts left in this Thirty Straight Days of Blogging adventure. It really does feel like it's coming down to the wire at this point. I have the last post thought out, but the next few are really going to be me shooting from the hip.

What I have for you is a simple product review. The Ninja Blender in all its glory.

I'm not going to bother with all the bells and whistles. If you want that, you can sit through that god-awful paid programming show that they have.

I bought this for my mom as a Christmas present last year. I really wanted  to get her a Vitamix, but those things start at $300, and I couldn't afford it. The Ninja was about $200 cheaper and looked like it was of decent quality. I figured it had to be a step up from the normal $30 to $50 dollar blenders that usually suck balls.

My mom was happy with her Christmas present and couldn't wait to break it in. When she took it out the box, I have to admit that the blender itself is kind of cool looking. It looks almost like something you would see at a smoothie shop.

What you see above is the 3 level blade this thing has. Let me tell you, this thing is no joke. You start this fucker up and it pulverizes what ever you put in there. It's got 3 speeds and a pulse button, but I mostly use speed 3.

It's got a strong motor, and all that strength equals to a good bit of noise. In my opinion, I'll deal with the noise, it's not that big of an issue.

The nick name for the this blender should be "Lock & Load", because it will not start until everything is securely set and locked tight. It's not a bad thing, but it does take a little getting used to.

The lid has a corner that can open up so you pour your drinks out a little cleaner. While that feature is ok, the lid can be a little tricky to clean. With the square design, it has a lot of nooks and crannies that need more attention to clean.

The 6 blades aren't exactly fun to clean either. I always feel like I'm going to lose a finger cleaning them! The simple solution is to just throw it in the dishwasher, but I usually clean out the blender immediately after use so nothing gets stuck at the bottom or on the blades.

My overall feeling about this blender is that it's well worth the few extra bucks. It will outshine all the other moderately priced blenders near it.

If you can't afford a Vitamix, look into getting a Ninja.

Since we are here, I might as well share with you my favorite smoothie recipe to make. You don't need much and it tastes great.

My Smoothie!

2           Bananas
1-2       Teaspoons of peanut butter
3-4       Ounces of apple juice
1-2       Ounces of milk
2-3       Handfuls of ice

You throw all that shit in a blender and blend until it's as smooth as silk.

I could drink this stuff by the gallon! Honestly, I don't measure any of it, I just eyeball it. That recipe is a pretty good guess.

And there it is, my simple smoothie in a plastic 1-quart container. I added the straw just for the picture, so it looks more like a drink. Once I took the pic, the straw got tossed and I drank my wonderful little smoothie.

That's it for this one. I hope you guys are diggin' the blog posts. Please feel free to leave comments on what you are reading.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment