July 6, 2013

T.S.D.O.B: Day 27 - Grill Mates



Only 3 more posts left of Thirty Straight Days Of Blogging! While I want to make each blog post special, sometimes you just have put one out there that is a bit more straight forward. With that being said, what I have for you today is just something that helps me make a quick dinner taste that much better.

Like most people, there are somethings in cooking and baking I'm just not that good at. One of my biggest weaknesses in the kitchen is making spice rubs. For some reason, I just can't seem to get the damn things right! I either add too many ingredients and the flavor starts to get muddled or it just won't taste that good to begin with.

After my last fuck up attempting a spice blend, I decided I would try a few pre-made blends. I'm always hesitant buying this sort of thing, but I figured I could cough up a few bucks and try something new.

I'm not sure how I found the McCormick Grill Mates, but I'm glad I did. These things are flavorful, and each different blend has it's own unique taste and perfume.

These are the flavors I have on hand right now, but I've tried other as well. My favorite by far is the Smokehouse Maple. It's a little sweet and a little smokey. Whenever you cook with this one, the entire house will have a wonderful aroma. I love mixing it into ground beef before it hits the pan. It just kicks the taste up so much!

While a few of the flavors I wasn't crazy about, like the Montreal Chicken and Hamburger, most of them are pretty good. If you are going to make dinner and aren't sure how you want to season your protein, give one these blends a try. You might be surprised with how much you like it.

That's it for this one. Make sure you come back to see this 30 day blogging adventure come to its amazing finale.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment