June 24, 2013

T.S.D.O.B: Day 15 - Hot Fries


It's day 15 of Thirty Straight Days of Blogging. I'm halfway through this funky little adventure, and, I can honestly say that I'm tired. Not of writing the blog, I'm loving every moment. I'm tired because work has been giving me a spanking that I did not request.  I try and refrain from bitching about work on here, but lately, it's really been starting to grind my gears. People don't show up and I have to pick up the pieces. Ugh...I guess I should be happy that they trust me that much, but extra work loads just don't seem like fun to me.

OK, enough of me crying about work. What I have for you today is a little french fry stand located in the Main Place Mall. Hot Fries is their name and pickles is their game! I'm just kidding. With the name "Hot Fries", what do you think they specialize in?!?!

I had mentioned in an older post that I'm always on the lookout for good chili cheese fries. Seeing that this place is all about fries, it seemed like a no-brainer.

I ordered the basic chili cheese fries. They had other options with all kinds of shit covering up the fries. I figured I'd keep it simple for the first go. What I got was canned chili and processed cheese over good fries. We have all had that chili and cheese before, so I don't think I need to go into detail about how it tasted.

Don't get me wrong, I got no beef with canned foods or processed cheese. My problem is that I was expecting more than that. Then, I looked back at the employees, and realized that those two items are simply the safest bet. Would you want to give some brain-dead teenager who can't let go of their cell phone a 20 ingredient chili recipe? Yeah, I wouldn't do that either.

That's it for this one. I wish I had more to say, but work has burned me out today. Don't worry, tomorrows post will be a lot better.

HOT FRIES
2800 N Main St
Ste 9210
Santa Ana, CA 92705

(714) 547-0525

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment