June 15, 2013

T.S.D.O.B: Day 6 - The GD Bro Truck


Welcome back for another wonderful edition to the Food And Such Things blog. I you are new to the blog, don't worry, I won't be too rough with you. No safe-words needed here!

If you have been keeping up, I'm on day 6 of Thirty Straight Days Of Blogging. Yesterday, I talked about the Ragin' Cajun food truck. Well, on that same day, I tried this food truck as well, The GD Bro Truck.

I had never heard of this truck before, but the idea of a stuffed burger did sound good.

When I stepped up to the truck, they had four special burgers that they were pushing. I can't remember all of them, but I will say that each one was crazier than the next. Lots of crazy toppings, not to mention the fact that the patty itself had a cheesy center.

On a gluttonous day, I would try 2 burgers and just sleep it off in the car. Since I rode my bike to the location, there was no fucking way I was going to eat my way into a food coma.

After a minute or two of decision making, I decided to go with a burger called The Italian Stallion. This thing had pepperoni and mozzarella in the center. It was topped with marinara and 2 mozzarella sticks. To be honest, the mozzarella sticks is what sold me on it. The idea of that just sends the blood flowing below the belt.

I'm not sure how long I waited for the burger, but it wasn't too long. When I got, this is what I was staring at:

Yeah, that is a beautiful sight. Now it's time to dig in!

I can honestly say that this was a tasty burger. Normally, I like my burgers medium-rare. Since the stuffed burgers have to be cooked longer to melt the cheese, you can pretty much kiss medium-rare goodbye. Aside  from my little preference, I can't really say anything bad about this burger. It tasted good, the mozzarella sticks were a nice touch, and the brioche bun was soft and buttery. Overall, a good buy.

As I was writing this, I started coming up with ideas for my own "Italian Stallion" burger. First off, I wouldn't use beef. I would grind up chicken and pancetta together to make my own patty. I would lightly season the patty and sear it well. I would use fresh foccacia for the bread. The bottom piece of bread would be smeared with a freshly made ricotta, and the top piece of bread would get a thick balsamic reduction. A tomato slice would rest on the patty. Sauteed shallots and arugula would finish this burger off.

My god...I was almost drooling when I was coming up with that burger! Fuck! I might have to attempt this one! And I'm telling you right now, if I see this on a food truck or at a restaurant, I'm going to kick the shit out of someone!

I don't even know where to go with this post at this point. So.....Uh......See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment