June 29, 2013

T.S.D.O.B: Day 19 - Coffee And Sudoku


It's Day 19 of Thirty Straight Days Of Blogging, and I thought I would share a little bit about myself this time. For all of my friends and family on Facebook, this is something you have seen numerous times. For the rest of you, it might be something new.

Whenever I want to relax and clear the mind of all the bullshit around me, I'll head to a coffee shop and play a little sudoku. I know that might sound a little boring to some of you, maybe even a bit on the nerdy side. You know what? I could care less. I like it. It's a workout for the brain and it also gives me a small opportunity just to get out the house.

I think I started playing sudoku around 2005 or 2006. I was hanging out with my dad and he would play the crossword puzzles from the newspaper. I suck at those, so I left it alone. I saw that he didn't touch the sudoku puzzle, so I picked it up and gave it a try. I had no clue to what I was doing and had to wait until the next day to get the answers. When I saw the answers and re-read the instructions for the 100th time, I finally started to understand how it worked.

The more I played, the better I got. I'm to a point where I only play puzzles that are at the most difficult level. Otherwise, there isn't much of a challenge.

As good as I think I am with it, I've managed to find a sudoku book I fucking hate!

This book is called Third Degree Black Belt Sudoku. I have considered burning this book because I feel like an idiot trying to play it. Every puzzle, I get to a point with about 20 numbers left and I can't figure out what the next number is. Every time I guess, I'm wrong! They say that there is a logical reason for every number. BULLSHIT! There is no fucking way! I hate looking in the back for the answers because it feels like cheating. There has to be some formula that I haven't figured out yet. I just think the book is full of shit!

If I'm at Starbucks, I usually just order an Ice Coffee with Milk. Nothing fancy here. It's one of the cheapest things on their menu, and the refills are 50 cents. That's tough to beat. I don't normally get any of their food because most of it is overpriced. In my opinion, the best buy is the parfait cup. It's about 3 bucks, but very tasty. And you get a good amount of it.

There are other perks to this coffee shop adventure, like listening to my music(which really is a key part), people watching, enjoying the weather, and little stuff like that. Overall, it's really about getting a chance to chill.

There you have it. I'll probably put up one more post in the next 11 days for you to learn a bit more about me. Until then, take care and see you tomorrow!

1 comment: