June 26, 2013

T.S.D.O.B: Day 16 - Choco Fruit


Day 16 of Thirty Straight Days Of Blogging is upon us. To celebrate this wonderful day, I have a sweet treat for you. The name of this eatery is Choco Fruit, and it located inside the Outlets at Orange Shopping Center.

I had actually gone to this place about a week ago. I was out with a friend and had noticed that they had a new shop there. When we walked by, you could see three chocolate fountains displayed in the front window. Me, being the jaded pastry chef, saw the fountains and just said "Meh". But, I do understand that they can be pretty cool to most people.

With the name Choco Fruit, I thought it would be a straight up chocolate shop, kind of like See's or Godiva. Instead, it's closer to a cafe'. They serve a variety of drinks such as smoothies, tea and coffee. They even have Turkish Coffee, which is something I don't see outside of middle eastern restaurants.


Two of their main featured items are crepes and waffles. After a quick discussion, we decided to go with the waffle. It would be served with fresh fruit and drizzled with white and dark chocolate.

After a short wait, we got our waffle and headed outside. This is what we were looking at:

I know it's a little tough to see. Here is one more shot.

As a pastry chef, I rarely drizzle something this heavily in chocolate. In most cases, you don't want that much drizzle because it starts to take away from the dessert itself. BUT, in this case, it actually worked for it.

My friend and I got our forks and dug in. And guess what? It was really fucking good! Honestly, I never really crave waffles. I think they are ok, but that's about it. This waffle was really good though! The fruit was fresh, and the chocolate added enough sweetness to make it a dessert, while not being overly sweet. It was just right.

At the time, the young lady working there said they had only been open about 2 weeks. If they keep making treats like that waffle, they should be around for a long time. I do wish them the best of luck.

Before I go, here is a picture of my friend. Her name is Michelle, and I told her I had to put a picture of her on here since I was taking all these other pics for the blog.

Choco Fruit
100 City Blvd W
Orange, CA 92868

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment